Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I had to restore my ipad and now it's saying it is

Customer Question
I had to restore...

I had to restore my ipad and now it's saying it is Activation Lock. The attached to the original activation is no longer valid and I don't have the password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Unknown

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Isn't working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No I don't have $5

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 6 months ago
Edward Dorsey

You are probably not going to be able to use the product, the activation lock is an anti-theft measure and can only be turned off using the Apple ID and password.

See https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201441 to "Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock"

That's not helpful. It says one email address but when I try to recover the password ***** it, it says tgat email is not active. I use my current email and try to recover that password ***** it leaves me waiting with no results.
Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 6 months ago

"If you bought the device from someone else" then they will have to have removed to activation lock for you as the article states.

Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 6 months ago

I know it kinda late now for you but it is stated as "Before you buy an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from someone other than Apple or an authorized Apple reseller, make sure that the device is erased and no longer linked to the previous owner’s account".

I am the owner and only owner. I certainly hope I'm not charged for this useless information!
Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 6 months ago

Then my apologies for misunderstanding. ​

Assuming you have access to a PC or Mac, you can start your password ***** steps at https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid. Select and answer the questions presented. Also, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203304.

Mac Support Specialist: Edward Dorsey,
 replied 6 months ago

Again, our intent is not to provide you with "useless" information.

Also, try setup and manage your trusted phone numbers, trusted devices, and other account information from your Apple ID account page at https://appleid.apple.com.

Still unable to reset itunes password. Old email used and unable to obtain. I would ask that I am NOT charged for this as it did not correct my issue. Everything suggested were things I had already tried.