Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My apple tv has suddenly ceased being recognised by my

Customer Question
My apple tv has...

My apple tv has suddenly ceased being recognised by my samsung 6300! Must provide Dr. Who to kids in 5 mins. Have turned things on and off, checked all powers sources etc. What to do?!

Technician's Assistant: What Apple model do you have? How old is it?

2-3 yra

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu responds. my computer says the apple live is there on network etc, Ive tried different cables and ports too

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Apple? What happened right before this?

Just since yesterday i think . can't really figure. recently changed iCloud password?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. I know this is not a cord/power issue. everything has been fine up to now. samsung settings?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

If it is not the newest generation it will have a micro USB port if it is the newest generation it will have a USB c type connections. I would suggest plugging it into your computer if you have the cables for it. If iTunes recognizes it then you may be able to restore it. If it does not then it may be a goner. Let me know if you need any additional details.