Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife and I have NUMEROUS apple devices and she wants to…

Customer Question
My wife and I...

My wife and I have NUMEROUS apple devices and she wants to share my entire music library from my Mac Book to her iPad. How do we do that?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook? What about your iPad?

Both are up to date.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried with your MacBook?

None.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything. Just i have iCloud access, and we might be able to share music if she can access it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

To share music from your MacBook to any other Apple device on your network, you will need to keep itunes open on your laptop (and not close your laptop) while the other devices are streaming the music. Also, you will only be able to do this while your MacBook and the iPad are on the same network. Is this what you were looking to do?