Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

MacBook Pro has seized, the screen is showing a circle with…

Customer Question
MacBook Pro has seized...

MacBook Pro has seized , the screen is showing a circle with a bar thru it. I have tried to reboot it but with no success. Where do I go from here?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

2 days. I have tried unplugging the computer from the power supply. switching the power button on and off.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
Try starting your Mac in Safe Mode.Follow these steps to Safe Boot your Mac:
Power off the Mac
Press the power button to start your Mac and immediately
Press and hold the Shift key
The Apple logo should appear
When the login window appears release the shift key and log in
You may be required to log in twice if you have FileVault turned on