Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Iphone is disabled, when try to connect to iTunes, I

Customer Question
Iphone is disabled, when...

Iphone is disabled, when try to connect to iTunes, I getiTunes could not connect to this iPhone. The value is missing."

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPhone?

Latest. Just updated today to see if that would help.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

The Mac? Right after update.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 2 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the model number of the iPhone?

iPhone 7

Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the password. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

I believe so, it's my son's phone. He backed up at some point but several months ago.

Could you please tell me whether iPhone screen still stays iPhone disabled or Activation lock?

Says "iPhone is disabled, Connect to iTunes"

Now connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen. Please let me know what do you see on the screen after this steps?

There is a problem with the iPhone “iPhone” that requires it to be updated or restored. Then option to restore or update.

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

Ok. I did, now I'm on screen that says "iTunes is downloading an update for this phone and will install when download is complete. There are two buttons below that are "Update" or "Restore" but I cannot select. At bottom there is a "Done" button.

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat following steps:

1. Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.

2. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

Please let me know once the download completes

Download complete. Extracting software. Verifying updated software. iPhone has apple logo and timber below that is creeping along.

Check if you can see a blue moving line on the top?

On iTunes, yes. Says phone has been updated and is restarting......
same msg. Iphone disabled, connect to iTunes.

Please wait until the software get installed.

Not working. think I need to go the restore route.

Do you still see the blue moving line on the top?

no. All software was downloaded, it rebooted the phone, but now back to same msg on phone and same error on iTunes.

Can you try this for one more time, Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.

Did it twice, currently trying a 3rd time

We do have an option were we can take remote access on the computer. This is only an add on service and it is an optional plan, If you wish you can opt this service, The reason why I informing is it could eliminate on delayed response me and it increases our ability to resolve this issue. It is a less time consuming and less complicated because you can see what I am doing. While there is a nominal fee for this, It is 100% refundable if I am unable to resolve your issue. Would you like for Remote access?

Let me see what happens with this latest attempt.....it's still working on something.
If not fixed this time, I am just going to restore.

Let me wait, If you get any error message please let me know.

Same error msgs

In this case I will opt-out and allow another expert to take over. Other experts will be able to see this question and the conversation which you had with me and they will be providing you a proper solution. Thank you for your patience.

Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?

Mike, Mac Medic