Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Just went to sign on to FaceTime. Got msg saying I need to…

Customer Question
Just went to sign...

Just went to sign on to FaceTime. Got msg saying I need to put in new Apple ID or password. Cannot do it unless I go to Apple I'd.com

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I think it was last July

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

How to I get to it ...from FaceTime? If so, it wouldn't let me.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time, thanks!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast replied 7 months ago
Aparna Indresh
Aparna Indresh, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

May I know which Apple device are you using is it iPad,iPhone?

No thanks, ***** ***** know how to do it. IPad
My "no thanks" question was to the "Security connect" question below.
I am on an Ipad
Is anybody helping me? I don't understand what's happening.......

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

May I know if you have your Apple ID?

Ok, sorry for sending to you! I will go to settings and get this info.
Hi Aparna. I'm back from settings, but it won't let me in to the IPad info as my Apple ID apparently is wrong?!

If you have Apple ID you can follow this step in order to register to Facetime:

If you're using an iPad register your email address by tapping Settings > FaceTime > Use your Apple ID for FaceTime, and sign in with your Apple ID.Let me know if it works for you.

Ok will try that.....

Please try and let me know.

I've tried what you suggested but FY still says my Apple ID or password ***** failed verification...
Oops, FY should say FaceTime....
Hello? Is anybody still on lone with me?

Okay, may i have your Apple ID so that i can check for the password ***** options from my side?

On LINE! Not lone.....
Is there someone there helping me?????
I guess I'll just sign off of your site as it's been WAY longer than 8 minutes. Thanks for trying though....

I understand your concern you can try to reset the password ***** your apple ID by going to this link https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and follow the onscreen instructions and then try to register facetime again with your Apple ID and see if it works.