Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I purchased an iPad for my daughter and when she set it up…

Customer Question
I purchased an iPad...

I purchased an iPad for my daughter and when she set it up she put in a Passcode and does not remember what she used and she kept trying it and now the pad is locked how dfo I reset it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

It won't let me do anything all it says is dosabked

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Disabled

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 5 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the small down arrow icon (or small circle icon) at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk

- Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

How is it going?

Do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.