Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought an ipod for my granddaughter and she reset her id…

Customer Question
I bought an ipod...

I bought an ipod for my granddaughter and she reset her id and password ***** she cant get in it. I have the Serial # can I reset it from that?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

She said a year ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No Im not to familiar with these sites sorry didn't know about this on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

It takes me to Activation lock on the ipad

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

i don't know how to do this each stuff
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

It seems like you are locked out of the Apple account. Not to worry. Even if you are not aware of the password ***** if you know the email address that is associated with the Apple account, we can reset the password ***** use the Apple account for the iPod

i already paid 35.00 online and have not received any answer so i don't want to pay someone else so thanks anyway but i'm not getting any response from my first contact that i just paid
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

May I have the email address that is associated with the Apple account?

i would be happy to pay after i get my ipad fixed
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

When you created this Apple account you have created a recovery key for two-step verification, by any chance you have that with you?

Example: RK-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

where would i find that
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 6 months ago

Recovery Key is something you created when you setup the account. But if you have any trusted device you can follow these instructions to reset the Apple account for this email address "*****@******.***"

Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you