Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My mac desk top is not recognizing my sony cyber shot.

Customer Question
My mac desk top...

My mac desk top is not recognizing my sony cyber shot

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Mac?

12.7.2

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

A few minut3s ago. do i need to connect thru iTunes? i download play memories

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No.thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.
How does it not recognize the camera? does it acknowledge the camera is connected, when you plug the connected cable to the computer and the camera, by making any noise, or any sign on the screen? or is it showing no reaction at all?

no reaction at all
i've downloaded play-memories home from sony, it recognizes the images on my hard drive, but not my camera

I think you have a problem with the USB interface or the USB Cable.

Try a different USB port. They are supposed to all be alike, but sometime they aren't, and one may work where another does not. Also, mind that some (blue-centered) are different period. Black-centered USB ports are USB 2., usually, and the blue-centered are USB 3., and it can make a difference.

Try a different USB cable. They are the part that almost the most often, goes bad - especially if used often before, over a year old, or often coiled up and uncoiled again (which places repetitive strain on the wires inside the cable, somewhat invisibly from the outside.)

Unplug all other devices (that can be spared - excepting USB keyboard or USB mouse if any) - on any and all USB ports.

Do not use a USB hub.

Let me know how that goes. I may have more to suggest.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed ?

(If I didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will be pleased to help you further.)