Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I went to use my iPad device when I was on a plane coming…

Customer Question
I went to use...

I went to use my iPad device when I was on a plane coming home and it had reset itself. My iPad is asking for my passcode which I know but then it’s asking for my apply is and password ***** I used when setting up iPad. I have change my password ***** then and I don’t remember my old one.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I changed my password ***** night and my password ***** months ago too.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I believe I did. I removed it from find my phone and removed device. Can you send me a link to reset to?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

That It was working couple of days ago and this happen

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

Since the device had been reset. It is asking for the Apple ID and password. You can reset the password ***** the Apple account and still use it.

Please follow this steps and it will help you in resetting the password

1. You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

2. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

3. Select Email authentication followed by Next.

4. Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

5. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

6. Enter your Apple ID and click Continue.

-Select Answer security questions and click Continue.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Continue.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

7. If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again.

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option in the lower, middle of the page labeled “Forgot your Apple ID?”. If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

8. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/ (under "Manage Your Apple account")

9. Once you have the ID and password, restart your iPhone and sign in.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

Thanks! However I don’t want to restart my phone since that’s not the problem. But I will try forgetting my Apple ID.
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

Have you tried these steps?

Hello, I tried all steps above and it’s still not working.
My iPad is the device not working. It’s asking for my original Apple ID and password ***** that I used to set up the device. Well my Apple ID had not change but my password ***** I don’t remember which one I used and I tried password. It still doesn’t work.
Mac Support Specialist: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

I have given you instructions on reset options for the Apple account password ***** retain the same Apple ID for you to use it.

May I have the email address that is associated with your Apple account? Let me try to reset the password ***** my end.

Mike, Mac Medic