Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

It shut down and will not restore. 23in Desktop. Started…

Customer Question
It shut down and...

It shut down and will not restore

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

23in Desktop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Started about 1 hour ago.. Tried restarting and pressed CMD R and it has stopped on the page stating Select a Restore resource

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Try this please,
Restart (or start up) your Mac while holding down the Command and R keys.
When the Apple logo appears, let go of those keys.
The Mac will start Recovery System.
A window called Mac OS X Utilities will appear.
Click on Disk Utility then click the Continue button.
Disk Utility will launch.
Click the first disk icon that appears in the sidebar on the left.
Click the Repair Disk button.
If Disk Utility finds any faults it can correct, it will.
My computer is back up and what you stated to do was not done to bring it back up. Thanks anyway and your services will no longer be useful.