Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Merry Christmas! I have an iPhone and iPad with huge

Customer Question
Merry Christmas! I have an iPhone...
Merry Christmas!
I have an iPhone and iPad with huge password *****!!!
Both are disabled as I can't find the passwords...my iPad says it can't connect as it has no "Value"?
I have not had my iPhone active for 4 days!!! I own a service business and must have it back. Please let me know if you are able to help me! Thank you!
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Good morning and Merry Christmas!

Which model is the iPhone? I can give you instructions for both the iPad and the iPhone, but need to know the model of the phone.

iPhone 6S
iPad??? I bought it about 7 months ago.

Ok, one second and I will give you instructions for both!

In cases where you have forgotten either your PIN/Password, or Apple ID Password, the only way back into the iPad is through a reset. This is for security reasons, so no one can ever just "get into" your iPad without your password.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

The iPad and the iPhone 6S actually use the same steps to restore:

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I am not able to open my iPad...when I plug it into my MAC is says "Value Missing"!
I will try doing both of these steps and get back to you hopefully with good news!
Question!
In doing this factory reset will it wipe all of my txt, contacts, etc? If so can I pull them out of the Cloud?
My biggest challenge is the PSWD??? for my iPad, I don't know it!
The msg. is my iPad is disabled, connect to iTunes, it won't open from the home button so I can connect to iTunes????

Yes, you can rstore anything data wise that is synced to your iCloud account.

Yes, even when it says your iPad is disabled, locked, etc., follow the instructions above, exactly how I wrote them.

I am not able to open it.
It says my log in information is incorrect...this is my entire battle since I can't remember the pswd.

The thing is, you don't need to open it. You need to have it connected to a computer with iTunes running(on the computer) and follow step three, which boots it into Recovery Mode, allowing you to restore it to original settings... at no point does it try to boot normally and ask for a password ***** done correctly.

f you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas,

AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric