Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have new iPhone X Restarted phone this morning and Screen…

Customer Question
I have new iPhone...

I have new iPhone X Restarted phone this morning and Screen is unresponsive to touch. I’m away in Guadalajara Mexico for a week arrived yesterday. Can’t use phone. HELP

Technician's Assistant: What apps were you running right before your iPhone crashed?

Nothing. Just had phone off

Technician's Assistant: How much storage do you have left on your iPhone? (You can check storage by going to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage.)

I can’t open anything cuz screen unresponsive

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Its on Just asking to swipe up to unlock

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Byron, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Perform a hard reboot on the iPhone X, press and quickly release the Volume Up button, then do the same for the Volume Down button. Follow up by pressing the Side button, and hold until the display suddenly shuts off — about 10 seconds. Keep holding the Side button and release when the device turns back onto its Apple boot screen

Let me know the result please.

No screen still unresponsive
How would u do that? If I can’t do anything on phone. I’m chatting with you on my iPad btw
iPhone is stuck on lock screen asking me to swipe up to unlock

No one can connect remotely. Please disregard.

Please repeat the procedure.

Quickly, Volume up>>Volume down

Hold side button until the screen goes black and you see the Apple logo

release the side button when you see the logo

I’ll try again. I am getting texts messages tp phone but can’t open them because screen unresponsive to touch

Thanks. You'll be using the buttons only for this, not the screen.

Nope still no response to touch
Still get texts
I’ll check
Are u sending those texts?

Those are automated texts from JustAnswer. You get one every time I reply to you.

I did that force
Restart and nothing

I'm not sure I understand. Did the phone restart?

I’m away in Guadalajara Mexico till New Year’s Day
Seems I’ll be without phone till get home
I restarted several times
I’m on home screen but need to swipe up to unlock but screen unresponsive to touch.

Thanks. The reboot should have fixed that. I'll open this up to all experts.

One of them may have a solution. You'll receive an email notification when one responds.

Ok. Are u sending me texts?
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?

No It started working late last night Screen was responsive to touch again. Hope it continues to work while I’m in Mexico till New Year day when I return home. I’ll get it checked at Apple store to see why it happened

Thank you for the update.