Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Following an update to I PHONE 6 WHICH HAS NEVER had a

Customer Question
Following an update to...

Following an update to I PHONE 6 WHICH HAS NEVER had a password ***** to complete the upgrade my Aunt was asked for a 4 digit password ***** she does not have . How does my Aunt overcome the problem ,so she can use her phone ,

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

She has never had a password ***** has used the phone for 5 years .

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No ,as she would not know what to do .

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No , Initially she wishes to be able to use her phone and deal with the upgrade at another time .

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer
A 4 digit password ***** ***** when the account is first set up. If the password ***** been forgotten then the phone will need to be reset.