Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I bought a phone and can’t get to use it because of a lock…

Customer Question
I bought a phone...

I bought a phone and can’t get to use it because of a lock and I have the imei number. 353254075417887

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I bought this phone therough eBay and they said this imei number was free but I can’t get through on openinig

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don’t know how

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Will this reset take a previous owners find my phone off of the phone

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
I need to remove this lock will u remove it now
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/25/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 6 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

Merry Christmas!

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Please note: Due to the Holidays, it could take a little bit longer for a response but I will respond back as soon as possible!

I do. Please help!

There isn't a way to bypass the lock feature without their information.

If you bought the phone from someone, you will need to reach out to them to have them unlock it or they will need to issue a refund.

Oh my. Got from eBay. All this to get an answer Was so hoping I could get it fixed by Christmas
Ok well if I can’t get my new phone fixed can u help me fix my iPad Passcode changed grandkids and I can’t fix to open

Unfortunately, either the person made a mistake and didn't realize they had to clear it or they sold you a stolen phone.

I felt the same and they had sent an imei number to pretend that they were so lignite and that’s what first made me ponder and they send lots of phone cases with it so prob was a bribery thing cover up

Yes, that happens. Usually, you can tell if it was a mistake or stolen by their feedback rating. If they are a large volume seller then it was likely a mistake but if they are a smaller seller then it could have been a stolen phone. If they are willing to work with you on the issue then it was likely a mistake. I would send them a message since you will not have the phone by Christmas unless they are able to unlock it. Also, you can dispute the transaction via Paypal if needed.

I am honing through PayPal for support and yes they simply kept saying what about the SIM card

File a dispute then with Paypal and the seller will be forced to respond.

I already did that. Thanks..but when I had activated the SIM card today which I planned out in this card I then got curious and wondered if I could two more so that’s why talking with you. Paid $5 to get this chat now gotta cancel this trial thing. How do I do that so won’t get charged $50 after 7 day chat trial

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****