Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't find me phone. Can you help? Apple iPhone "7" I

Customer Question
Hi I can't find...

Hi I can't find me phone. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Apple iPhone "7" I think

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I tried calling it hoping it was in the house or my car but can't hear it anywhere

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm sorry that you lost your iPhone. If you have iCloud or Find My iPhone activated on it (and internet enabled) then you can track it. On your PC, go to www.icloud.com

Then login with your Apple ID or iCloud account you used on your iPhone. Click Find iPhone button. Then click All Devices, then select your iPhone. This will show the iPhone on the map. If you are unable to track it, then click Lost Mode in there. This will password ***** it and show custom message you want on it.

If it still not finds it, then click Erase there if you don't want others to access it. This will erase the iPhone and deactivate it. No one will ever able to use that iPhone without you activate it again.

(Once it is erased, you need to provide your Apple ID and password ***** activate it again)

If you have not enabled the iCloud and Find iPhone option on it, then you will not be able to track it. It can't also be tracked if it is turned off. But it will be erased the moment it turn on (assuming it is connected to internet). Find my iPhone option is your only hope now.

I'd also recommend to change your email password, AppStore password ***** all other passwords you used on it until you get it. So the person who gets the iPhone will not be able to access your emails or other things that require a password (If you have passcode or finger print enabled on it, then you don't need to do these steps as it is also secure)

You should also call your carrier and ask them to disable the services as well as backlist the iPhone.

If you've any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.