Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

First I'm not easily getting on the internet, but more than…

Customer Question
First I'm not easily...

First I'm not easily getting on the internet, but more than that everything on my desktop has disappeared. I can't find Time Machine either. It's a mess.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Apple device?

Yes...we have choice of a number of networks

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

The router is in a building at the Harbormasters office. I paid for once week of internet service at his office which is closed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

We've been fighting getting on the internet and found that the computer was somehow linked to the iPhone and by turning off the ??

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My companion has obtained internet from the same source as I, the harbormasters office, and is having no trouble. We have played with everything, especially the emails...sorting..removinbg..etc. I can't find
Time Machine..no ..we found it but it wouldn't go back at all
12/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

I see that you have listed two issues - one issue is connecting to the Internet through WiFi, and the other issue is that everything on the desktop of your computer has disappeared.

So first, if you have not done so already, please reboot your computer and after reboot let me know if the desktop icons are now available.

Also, have you recently installed updates on your computer?

Do you still need assistance?