Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Just bought an IPad for my grandson and when he put in id.

Customer Question
Just bought an IPad...

Just bought an IPad for my grandson and when he put in id

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Is code the IPad locked up

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It just got it last night & played on it for about an hour Then the screen went to where you need to put in your code so he did that & it would not take it so he kept on trying after a few attempts the iPad stated it is disabled- try again in an hour

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have access to a computer there ? We may need to fix it using your computer

Since it is disabled, your only option is erase the iPad from iCloud or force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes on your computer by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode/disabled screen and get it restored)

If you have iCloud enabled on it and also if your iPad is connected to WiFi/internet, then you can do the erase (restore) from iCloud - so you don't have to go through the restore steps using computer.

On your computer, go to www.icloud.com

Log in to your iCloud/Apple account. Click Find iPhone. Select your iPad under All Devices. Click Erase button and it will be erased (if it is connected to WiFi network). This will erase and restore your iPad. After that, setup your iPad .

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

If the above erase doesn't work, then you need to restore it using your computer.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode. (Note : DFU Mode is a method which allow you to bypass the passcode/disabled screen and get it restored)

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time for 8 seconds.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button but continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.