Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My MacBook can’t get past the start up screen. The progress…

Customer Question
My MacBook can’t get...

My MacBook can’t get past the start up screen. The progress bar gets about 1/3 if the way and stops

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

I tried the command R and nothing happened. Should I try the PRAM?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I retored an iPhone backup to a new phone e the other night and was forced to update some software now u can’t boot up

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

First try the following procedure and let me know the result:

Shut down the Macbook.
Press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the built-in keyboard and press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.
Note that if you have a MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button.
After pressing the keys together for 10 seconds, release all keys.
Press the power button again to turn on your Macbook and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

My issue was fixed by Apple before I ever got this response

Ok, thanks.

Glad the issue is resolved.

Best regards,

David.