Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I downloaded an update for my Ipad and before I can use it…

Customer Question
I downloaded an update...

I downloaded an update for my Ipad and before I can use it again I have been asked to enter the code sent to my preferred phone number which was cancelled a year before. I gave this info to an Apple agent to fix which evidently wasn't successful because Apple keeps telling me to enter the code sent to my preferred number which no longer exists. and frustratingly there are no options, they keep sending a code to the cancelled number.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Thanks, ***** ***** quick, Now the plot thickens, In February this year My ipad was stolen while in PNG and never recovered so I bought another in Aust and have been using it with limited success experimenting with some remembered passwords since about March this year

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Now you're speaking a language I don't understand.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm talking to you on another computer because I can't open anything of importance on the iPad. Am I able to go to Apple's online account reset tool on this other computer?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 6 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!