Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a new lap top and I'm trying to connect it to my time…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new lap top and I'm trying to connect it to my time machine

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Mac book air

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Air?

Not sure what you are asking

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Air? What have you tried so far?

I just got it ..I tried system presence and back up device but it it does not work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

To setup the time capsule perform the steps outlined below:

Click the Apple menu on your Mac (located in the upper left corner) and select "System Preferences." Open "Time Machine" and set the slider to the "On" position.

Select the Time Capsule as your desired backup device. It should automatically ask you to select a disk, but if not then select "Change Disk," then "Time Capsule" and then "Use for Backup."

Enter your Time Capsule's password ***** prompted and click "Connect." Let the Time Capsule to back up your data.

Please let me know the result and if you need assistance with any of the steps.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my

work.
Thanks,
David.