Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have forgotten the apple passcode and the iPad is

Customer Question
I have forgotten the...

I have forgotten the apple passcode and the iPad is disabled. How do I restore it to use.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Quite some time ago it has not been used for several months.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I am not familiar with that site how do I access it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
12/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 1 month ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have tried the Restore from iTunes without success. I still need help

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPad..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would prefer to resolve the problem with your help if possible

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Select the device you want to erase.

Now you can restore from backup

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went to the site you indicated but I don’t see any devices on screen

Did you make sure that you clicked on the top middle to select your iPad?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My iPad is connected to my computer thru a usb can

Yes, but it should have been linked to iCloud.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is attempting to connect to iTunes. On the iPad screen is a cable with an iTunes icon

Connect your iPad then open iTunes then click on UPDATE (not restore) when it prompts you in iTunes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The computer however is not sync with the iPad

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is in iPad recovery mode now down loading a software update

Great!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long does it take to down load this software?

Up to 30 minutes.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will this restoration remove all the pictures, apps, etc. from my iPad

The update will not remove them -- if you picked restore then it would.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just got a message in iTunes that it could not connect without the passcode. That is what I don’t know that created this problem to begin with. What do I do about that

You will need to do the restore then unfortunately.

Mike, Mac Medic