Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have forgotten the apple passcode and the iPad is

Customer Question
I have forgotten the...

I have forgotten the apple passcode and the iPad is disabled. How do I restore it to use.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Quite some time ago it has not been used for several months.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I am not familiar with that site how do I access it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 6 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

I have tried the Restore from iTunes without success. I still need help

The only way to bypass the lock screen is to perform a factory reset on the iPad..

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.

Select the device you want to erase.

Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.

Now you can restore from backup

I would prefer to resolve the problem with your help if possible

From a computer, go to icloud.com/find

If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID

Select the device you want to erase.

Now you can restore from backup

I went to the site you indicated but I don’t see any devices on screen

Did you make sure that you clicked on the top middle to select your iPad?

My iPad is connected to my computer thru a usb can

Yes, but it should have been linked to iCloud.

It is attempting to connect to iTunes. On the iPad screen is a cable with an iTunes icon

Connect your iPad then open iTunes then click on UPDATE (not restore) when it prompts you in iTunes

The computer however is not sync with the iPad

It is in iPad recovery mode now down loading a software update

Great!

How long does it take to down load this software?

Up to 30 minutes.

Will this restoration remove all the pictures, apps, etc. from my iPad

The update will not remove them -- if you picked restore then it would.

I just got a message in iTunes that it could not connect without the passcode. That is what I don’t know that created this problem to begin with. What do I do about that

You will need to do the restore then unfortunately.