Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a one year old iMac and i'd like to add a second

Customer Question
I have a one...

I have a one year old iMac and i'd like to add a second monitor. What product do I need and what connectors do I need? Is an HDMI cable enoug?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iMac?

OS X Yosemite

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

Are you a robot?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 8 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Do I need more than an hdmi cable to connect a second monitor to my iMac

Do you have HDMI input on your iMac?

Please ignore request from the site for remote and phone support they are automated.

Did you want further assistance with your question?

You are the expert
Tell me????

You will need a MiniDisplay Port to HDMI cable to connect a monitor that has HDMI.

The MiniDisplay port will connect from the back of the iMac to the back of the HDMI on your monitor.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.