Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have forgotten my Apple ID and password - my phone shut…

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my Apple ID and password ***** my phone shut down and I can not gain access until I know my ID and password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have not changed it in the two years I have had it.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes - and for some reason, because I cannot get into my Yahoo account I am unable to reset anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just want to know how to get my phone back - I have no access to anything and no one seems to be able to help me out.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
12/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.
Your phone's Apple ID and that ID's password, may be recovered, in a two-stage process. The following may be done on any internet-connected device that can bring up web pages:

1. To recover first your Apple ID (then in step 2 below, its password *****), go to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

and follow the process it recommends, to recover your Apple ID.

2. Then with your Apple ID, you go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'. And recover your password ***** that means.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!
(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)
Thanks.

Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert