Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I keep seeing nothing but light teaxt on Safari. Not true…

Customer Question
I keep seeing nothing...

I keep seeing nothing but light gray teaxt on Safari. Not true when I log in to Scottrde or TDAmeritrade. Can I make Safari always default to black text?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Safari?

Don't remember

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Safari?

Looked yhrough the preferences options, and found nothing that points to viewing text or formatting.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

Which Operating system are you running?

10.12.6

Have you tried resetting safari?

No. But I have not messed with Safari since the last OS system "updates". Did Apple mess it up back then?
If I reset Safari now, I will lose my connection with you, and not be able to pay the rest of what I owe you???
Are you still there?

Can you send here a screenshot of safari showing light gray text?

I forget what keys to use to capture a screen shot.
  1. Press Shift-Command (⌘)-3.
  2. Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.
OK I have the screen shot file which includes some very light text, and some not so light text. But I prefer all black. I can right click and copy the .png file. Can I paste it here?

Upload file here using the attachment icon on your screen

I just copied it on to the screen on the Mac. And clicked on the send box.
  1. Open Safari
  2. Press Option-Command-Plus sign (+)
  3. Check the text
I just got out of Safari because I was all tangled up. Will now do as you said.
That just increased the font size. But I still get both black and gray text.

Which website are you visiting?

investiv.co/products

The issue is not with Safari the website text is in grey clolor