Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My system was unplugged for a week while remodeling our home…

Customer Question
My system was unplugged...

My system was unplugged for a week while remodeling our home and now when I’ve plugged Roku back in I cant get anything to work on the screen. I’ve done the troubleshooting that is in my book but it just won’t go to home or Netflix or anything.

Technician's Assistant: What Roku model do you have?

Roku3

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Roku media player?

I unplugged everything from the wall and then plugged it back in. Waited until the light quit flashing used a pin to push in the reset button on the box. Changed the batteries and pushed the reset button in the remote. I had everything showing up on the screen but my remote still wouldn’t let me connect to anything and now I have a snow scene on the screen and a picture of my hero going across it. Advertising sling etc. the light on the box doesn’t flash when I push the remote either. It all worked fine until we unplugged it a week ago.

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Video Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Please connect me I’m getting worm out and frustrated with typing and reading the book and not getting anywhere.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is pretty much everything

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Nathan, Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Hardware Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

As a starting point, we'll need to reset the roku system:
Power off the tv and disconnect both power and hdmi from the roku.
Remove the batteries from the roku remote
Wait 5 minutes,
reconnect hdmi, power the tv on, then plug the roku power back in
put in a new set of fresh batteries into the roku remote
when you see the roku logo show on screen, press and hold the HOME button on the roku remote for 15 seconds.
Let me know the results.

Thank you,

Mike, Mac Medic