Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ipad disabled connect to iTunes, I have very little computer…

Customer Question
Ipad disabled connect to...

Ipad disabled connect to iTunes, I have very little computer knowledge sorry

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I don't even no what that means, sorry

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I brand new device

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

When the iPad is disabled, we need to run a "Restore" on it. Follow the steps below for that. You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hi :)

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,