Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a question about Aperture. El Capitan 10..11.6

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question about Aperture

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

El Capitan 10..11.6 MacBook Pro

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

It is not a problem so much as a question. How do I locate my raw files in Aperture? I need to make duplicate of some to take to a printer but can only find the jpegs

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is it, thank you

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Jeremy K
Jeremy K, Mac Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

So your best bet with regards ***** ***** those RAW files from your Mac is to export them as "Masters". You can access this feature from "File➞Export➞Master" while you are in Aperture. However, it may be simpler, if you're only interested in taking files out for high resolution printing is to export them to TIFF format, which is a lossless format (as opposed to JPEG). The other advantage of exporting to TIFF is that you will be able to export your versions with any modifications you've made in the application (Master files will not include any modifications). You can read a bit more about this here, if you're still curious: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3995721?start=0&tstart=0