Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

When the last up-date completed my pass code was gone. Now I…

Customer Question
When the last up-date...

When the last up-date completed my pass code was gone. Now I cannot get into the ipad. also as requested i put the finger thing in to open the pad but that way only one person can open it. is there a way for two people to open the same pad that way? Bernie schwind

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I think two years ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Will I need to plug the pad into my desk top first?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Good morning,

After you read my initial response to you above(please do!), reply and let me confirm that the issue is you are locked out of the iPad, correct?

i am locked out of the pad. you sent me a new pass word but i don't know how to get back to put in it
the pass word slot?

Alright, well, if you're locked out of it, the only way back in will be to reset the device itself, which I am going to post the instructions for you in just a second.

In cases where you have forgotten either your PIN/Password, or Apple ID Password, the only way back into the iPad is through a reset. This is for security reasons, so no one can ever just "get into" your iPad without your password.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Open the iTunes program on the computer.
  2. Connect your iPad to your computer via the USB cable.
  3. While your device is connected, follow this step:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to 'Restore or Update' pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  5. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hi :)

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,