Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Opened promacbook message installing assumed it was

Customer Question
Opened promacbook message installing...

Opened promacbook message installing assumed it was automatic upgrade. Completes 90% then stops

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacBook Pro upgraded to latest os three weeks ago forget

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

Just since this morning tried shutting down this did not help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Hi anyone there
12/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is the update still stuck at 90%?

If it hasn't moved for several hours, you will need to press and hold the power button to restart the MacBook.

Reply back and let me know if the issue is now resolved?

I'm trying to reset internet pressed option + d still waiting. Should I try your solution or just wait?

Yes, please try pressing and holding the power button to restart the MacBook.

Tried press and hold power button. Did not resolve issue

How long did you hold the power button for?

Try holding it for at least a minute until the MacBook powers off.

Was the update still stuck at 90% and did not not move past that point?
Remove the battery, disconnect the power cord and any other cords, then press and hold the power button for 1 minute again to fully discharge it.

Reconnect the battery and power cord and then try starting it up again.

Let me know if that works?

I have held button for over a minute still not working

Did you remove the battery, disconnect the power cord and any other cords, then press and hold the power button for 1 minute again to fully discharge it?

I could not view your answer as my laptop was not working. However the advice you sent was not what was required. I contacted apple who pointed me in the correct solution to my issue. No need to disconnect battery. Software glitch was resolved by recovering and then reloading software. I have cancelled my membership to Just answer.

Ok, glad to hear you got it resolved!

Have a happy and prosperous new year :)
Pete.