Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an old time machine backup from another machine. I am…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old time machine backup from another machine. I am trying to access it to pull off some files

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Same password, changed the id this year

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Resetting what?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 6 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have this backup on an external hard drive or Time capsule ?

External hard drive

Connect it to your Mac. Click on Time Machine icon at the top bar, hold down Option key, and click Browse another backup. Then selet the Time Machine drive and does it allow you to open ?

but it won’t let me open any backups once I am ib

That is strange. Are you able to open the backup disk in Finder and manually open the files inside it ?

When I double click on the “sparse disk image bundle” it blinks for a sec and seems to mount, because only after that does it show up as an option to open in time machine.
It doesn’t open into a normal file tree

Are you sure the drive is working ? Not sure if it is corrupted

How can I check?

Do you have another Mac there ?

Can you check on that Mac ?