Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Had to chNge pw for xfinity web site. Now I am unable to…

Customer Question
Had to chNge pw...

Had to chNge pw for xfinity web site. Now I am unable to send email on iPad with message of failure of smtp. I changed that to new pw and it still fails. Now all I can do with the email is trash it. Please advise.. JJ Jappay

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I didn't as far as I remember.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I know nothing about that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not tha I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 8 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you still receiving email messages fine?

Are you currently able to sign in and use your email at the Xfinity.com website?

- Please try:

Solution #1:

1. Open Settings app icon on your iPad.
  2. Tap on option Accounts & Passwords (or open option Mail > Accounts.)
  3. There, tap on your comcast email account.
  4. Then select the option Delete Account (scroll down first as needed) and confirm to deleted it for now.
  5. Select option Add Account.
  6. Select option Other.
  7. Continue following the instructions in order to re-add your comcast email address.
  8. Once that is finished, open the Mail app icon and check.

Solution #2:

1. Delete the comcast email account again if it's still there.
  2. Open App Store app icon.
  3. There, type / search for xfinity connect
  4. Then get / install the app XFINITY Connect
  5. Then open the XFINITY Connect app and sign in your comcast account information.
  6. Then see if you can access your comcast email fine in the XFINITY Connect app.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we can schedule a time. Thank you.