Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Left my iPad somewhere this morning and just discovered it…

Customer Question
Left my iPad somewhere...

Left my iPad somewhere this morning and just discovered it was missing The place is closed and I cannot go to find my iPad to make sure it is still there

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

It might be the newest but not sure

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Lost it this morning and tried to use find my iPad but not able to do so

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Lost my iPad this morning it was left in a conference room at a mental health facility I stepp out of the room and went to speak with someone and left it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 8 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

You can use Find My iPhone to find your device and take additional actions that can help you recover it and keep your information safe.

1. Sign in to icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC, or use the Find My iPhone app on another iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
  2. Find your device. Open Find My iPhone, and select a device to view its location on a map. If the device is nearby, you can have it play a sound to help you or someone nearby find it.
  3. Turn on Lost Mode. Using Lost Mode, you can remotely lock your device with a passcode, display a custom message with your phone number on your missing device's Lock screen, and keep track of your device's location. If you added credit or debit cards to Apple Pay, the ability to make payments using Apple Pay on the device is suspended when you put your device in Lost Mode.
  4. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement. Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. Find your device serial number.
  5. Erase your device. To prevent anyone else from accessing the data on your missing device, you can erase it remotely. When you erase your device, all of your information (including credit or debit cards for Apple Pay) is deleted from the device, and you won't be able to find it using Find My iPhone. After you erase a device, you can't track it. If you remove the device from your account after you erase it, Activation Lock will be turned off. This allows another person to turn on and use your device.
  6. Report your lost or stolen device to your wireless carrier, so they can disable your account to prevent calls, texts, and data use. Your device might be covered under your wireless carrier plan.

If you use Family Sharing, any family member can help locate another member’s missing device. Just have your family member sign in to iCloud with their Apple ID, and you can find any device associated with that Family Sharing account.

Please try this and let me know how it goes !!