Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to download some apps but I seem to have forgotten my…

Customer Question
I want to download...

I want to download some apps but I seem to have forgotten my apple id and password. How do I get these reset?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't remember but I have had the phone for about a year

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. Can you outline how I do that

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/23/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

To recover first your Apple ID (then after that its password *****), first go to this page:

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

and follow the process it recommends, to recover your Apple ID.

Then with your Apple ID determined, you can go to this page and follow its process, to recover your Apple ID's password:

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

and enter your Apple ID there, and then click on 'Continue'.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!
(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)
Thanks.