Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Iphone 5S asked for an upgrade. When it came back on

Customer Question
My Iphone 5S asked...

My Iphone 5S asked for an upgrade. When it came back on line,there is a musical note and Itunes

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I dont know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Today, in the settings app, there was an ISO update

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue :(
That screen means the update was not successful and there is some software issue.
Now our only way out is to restore the device.
Do you have iTunes installed in your computer?
If you do, open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPhone to the computer.
Now, on the iPhone, press and hold the power button and home button together for 30 sec.
Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
Restore the phone now.
Let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank you
Vinod
I do not have Itunes in my computer
You can download and install iTunes from
www.apple.com/itunes/download
I downloaded Itunes. I hooked the cell phone to the computer using an hdmi cord. itunes is not sending a message, i held down the 2 buttons for 30 seconds. no change.
Sorry for the delay.
When you held down the two buttons, did u get an Apple logo?
What do I need to do
We are driving to Little Rock, Ar tomorrow. Can they reprogram the cell phone?
if you take it into any Apple store, they can restore it too.
If your computer is not recognising the device after you held down thaose two buttons, that would be the right choice.