Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot get my MacBook Pro to boot other than hearing the…

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my MacBook Pro to boot other than hearing the start chime

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

OS X El Capitan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

Yesterday and today. I have just gotten to a page that says to Reset password. I got that far yesterday and again this morning and put in a new password,getting the code #from my iPad, bet got no further. Have tried the different shortcuts on a page for older machines, mine is a 2010

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I had this happen once before but can't remember how long ago,but I was able to resolve it myself then.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 day by:
12/24/2017
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

The procedure below may resolve the issue:

Shut down the Macbook.
Press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the built-in keyboard and press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.
Note that if you have a MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button.
After pressing the keys together for 10 seconds, release all keys.
Press the power button again to turn on your Macbook and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

Do you still need assistance?