Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

More than half my albums in my library are not available to…

Customer Question
More than half my...

More than half my albums in my library are not available to me. These were downloaded from CD's when I first installed iTunes many years ago. The albums appear in the library but with just a generic plain cover. Can I get them back?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

Today

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

I tried to go thru their help process but it requires a serial number for the apple device which I don't have. I have a PC with Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 3 days by:
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

This typically happens if you move files around on the computer that should not be moved or delete files that should not be deleted. Typically people do this when they attempt to clean out their computer.

To find out if my theory is correct use this guide to try and locate those songs. If they exist we can import them into iTunes again.

LINK