Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I received a new IPad Min for my job, going through the

Customer Question
I received a new...

I received a new IPad Min for my job, going through the setup it requested a four digit code, I entered it, got disturbed by a contractor and never wrote down the number, I entered what I thought I used but "Wrong Answer" the IPad keeps locking up, can this be re-set.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

No idea

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Several four digit numbers neither of which is working.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Was in the process of setting up the IPad, now unable to access.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
12/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. If you had forgotten your APPLE id or password ***** could easily reset that online. However, since it is the pin code (or lock screen code) it is stored only on the local device and not in iCloud. The only way to reset the pin code is to reset the iPad to factory settings and set it up again. Please give me just a moment to type up instructions.

There are several different methods for resetting your iPad. Let's begin with this one.

Please click on the link below:

https://www.icloud.com/

Log in with your Apple id (email address) and Apple password. Click on Find iPhone ( even though your device is an iPad). Click on ALL DEVICES at the top of the screen, then click on your iPad. You should then see a popup box with several options (PLAY SOUND, LOST MODE, and ERASE IPAD). Please choose ERASE IPAD. If your iPad is connected to wifi the iPad will be reset to factory defaults. Please give this try and let me know the results. If you have any difficulty with any of the steps and need clarification or have questions please let me know. If this doesn't work for you please let me know so I can provide an alternative method. Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist