Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone is locked and requiring a password linked to an…

Customer Question
My phone is locked...

My phone is locked and requiring a password ***** to an apple id. I never use the apple id and I don't know what the password ***** I have 6 iphones on this account, but I am the one who pays for everything. I need someone to help me unlock it. I think one of my teen age grandchildren uses the apple account for itunes but I can't get them to help me. I own several businesses and it is imperitive that I get my phone unlocked immediately.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I have never changed it and I have no idea when it was changed

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I don't know how to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I am so un-tech savy that I don't even know what to ask

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Alright, well, unfortunately you're going to need to reset your device to factory settings in order to get back in, if you have locked yourself out by forgetting your password ***** PIN or if you cannot remember the Apple ID Password.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I already clicked on that remote thing before you answered me. I still want you to help me.
Can you fix my phone without me doing anything?

Unfortunately, this is something you have to do, as I have no physical access to your phone. However, the instructions above are very simple to follow, and I promise if you follow them it will reset the phone to brand new and you can get back in.

I am going to go to the apple store and wait in line for hours, because I can't fix this. I feel like you people locked my phone so you could charge me money to unlock it. Meanwhile I am losing money at my business because I can't take calls. Thanks for nothing.

I am sorry you feel that way, I have nothing to do with your phone being locked. I am simply providing you instructions on how to reset the device, that is all. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!