Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Two texts arrive during the night with Apple ID verification…

Customer Question
Two texts arrive during...

Two texts arrive during the night with Apple ID verification codes. Does that mean I’ve been hacked?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Ummmm....I’m old...will try to answer. I have an iPhone 7, a Mac Air and an iPad does that tell you anything?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Two texts during this past night. All I’ve done is ask my son in law what to do. He said to contact tech support

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 7 months ago
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That means someone got your Apple ID password ***** trying to login to your account. I'd recommend to reset your Apple ID password ***** from this site --> http://iforgot.apple.com/

(Choose Reset Password ***** and use Email Authentication or Trusted Device option to change password)

Also, if you have not done already, then enable two step authentication on your account. Refer this article --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204915

That will enable additional security on your account.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.