Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad ll says it needs to be activated. I has been a

Customer Question
My iPad ll says...

My iPad ll says it needs to be activated

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I has been a while

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I havent

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! I'm Eric and I will be the expert assisting you today. I'll do all I can to provide you with excellent, 5-Star service. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.
  • Please keep this browser open. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will keep helping you until you're satisfied, please ask as many follow up questions as you need by replying below.

Alright, well, you're going to need to reset your device to factory settings in order to get back in, if you have locked yourself out by forgetting your password ***** PIN, or you do not know the Apple ID information for activation.

You need to have iTunes installed on a computer to do this, so if you don't have it, click here to get it.

1. Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • Press and hold both the Home and the Power buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery-mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update pop up in iTunes on your computer, choose Restore.
    iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can setup and use your device.

My goal today is to provide you with the best service possible! I sincerely ***** ***** have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Hi :)

If you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reply. Otherwise, please do not forget to rate my service to you at the top of the page, hopefully I have earned a 5-Star Rating :)

I hope you have a wonderful day,