Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Circle with line through it on start up, MacBook Pro running…

Customer Question
Circle with line through...

Circle with line through it on start up

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

MacBook Pro running OS X 10.13

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

Only today I have stride starting in safe mode but nothing happens

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: tyroneboman, Mac Genius replied 7 months ago
tyroneboman
tyroneboman, Mac Genius

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

When you see a circle with a slash symbol instead of the Apple logo, it means your Mac couldn't find a valid System Folder to start up from, try reinstalling macOS using macOS Recovery. You can start up from macOS Recovery and use its utilities to recover from certain software issues or take other actions on your Mac.

How to use macOS Recovery

Hold down Command-R on your keyboard immediately after pressing the power button to turn on your Mac, or immediately after your Mac begins to restart. Continue holding until you see the Apple logo or a spinning globe. Startup is complete when you see the utilities window:

After starting up from macOS Recovery, select Reinstall macOS (or Reinstall OS X) from utilities, then click Continue to Download and reinstall the Mac operating system.

Will I lose everything that’s on the computer?

possibly, do you have a back up?

No I ain’t backed anything up!

Unfortunately, those are the only options.

Ok thanks

Your welcome!