Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The audio system in my macbook air is not working. THere are…

Customer Question
Hi, the audio system...

Hi, the audio system in my macbook air is not working. THere are no output or input devices found in system preferences. I have tried rebooting; deleting the audio files from the preferences folder on the hardrive; and clearing the PRAM (although I'm not sure I did that correctly) and it still does not work

Technician's Assistant: Can you still find your audio files in the Trash bin? Have you set up any backup software (e.g. Time Machine)?

I emptied the trash and rebooted after deleting those files. I have an external harddrive which I use as a back up drive

Technician's Assistant: How long ago was your audio files deleted?

Approximately 5 minutes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I think thats everythign

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 4 days by:
12/26/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 6 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

It has been a few days since you posted this question. Are you still in need of assistance?