Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Been using this phone for over a year. was given to me by my…

Customer Question
Been using this phone...

Been using this phone for over a year. was given to me by my daughter. tried to use it and got a message that stated a password ***** needed to activate because the owner issued a Find My iPhone to link to apple ID. i need the apple ID and password ***** set up in iCloud

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Where is the reset tool?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/22/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 6 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Your daughter will need to provide you with the Apple ID and password ***** she set up.

You can also try the following:

https://support.apple.com/HT201487

--------------------

Happy Holidays!

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)

You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.

Pete.

--------------------

Issue resolved because I remembered the password

Glad to hear you got it resolved!

Have a great day :)
Pete.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.