Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I recently did an update to Windows 10, and lost all my apps…

Customer Question
I recently did an...

I recently did an update to Windows 10, and lost all my apps and files. I am trying to reinstall iTunes, and am getting an error message that it can't find the .msi file

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update iTunes?

It's been quite a while

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your iTunes?

I have downloaded the install file for Windows 7 or later, and tried to install twice. Also tried to uninstall the old app but get the same error message.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Bryan, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Are you getting the following error when trying to uninstall/reinstall iTunes now:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package itunes.msi.

The steps to resolve might be a bit complicated; can I set up a secure remote session to troubleshoot this issue now?