Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ever since my Mac computer was upgraaded to the latest

Customer Question
Ever since my Mac...

Ever since my Mac computer was upgraaded to the latest Sierra program, I no

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

My computer receives the downloads but since I upgraded to a latest version of Sierra, I do not have an Icon to display the download and I'm sick and tired of looking for it. All my older versions gave me an icon to display them.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Mac
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 7 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Are you talking about the icon for the downloads folder?

I think so - When I go to the folder and click on a download listed, it doesn't" come up so I can view it. The only way I can get to my folder is with the finder browser.

And then in the finder browser, what folder are they located in?

No I don't want you taking over my computer and after we are done, I don't want a free trial with Just Answer Mac and I don't ever want to use them again. I have made a mistake,

Please ignore the remote access request and the free trial offer as they are sent automatically by the website and not by me.

In the finder browser, what folder are they located in?

When I click on All My Files choice, my downloads are displayed.

How about at the top of the screen if you click on "Go" and then "Downloads"

Do the files appear here? If so, we can create a shortcut

Since I upgraded to the latest Sierra program this Fall
I have never noticed Go before but when I clicked on it, the download list is displayed.

Great, would you like to make a shortcut to this folder in your dock?

All my Files

Do do this, drag the folder named "Downloads" to the dock and it will create a shortcut for you to open as you please

I dragged the word documents to the bottom of my computer browser and it has disappeared.

The actual folder named "Downloads" actually needs to be dragged, not just the individual files