Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone 8 is disabled. I cannot figure out how to enable…

Customer Question
My iPhone 8 is...

My iPhone 8 is disabled. I cannot figure out how to enable it

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

It did an update last night and thats when it locked up. How do i find out the current OS?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I plugged it into iTunes but nothing happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I've only had this phone for about a week. my carrier is AT&T

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
David, Mac Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will post a reply ASAP.

When your iPhone is disabled like this, you will need to put it in Recovery Mode and use iTunes to restore it.

To put it in Recovery Mode follow these steps:

1. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.

2. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.

3. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the connect to iTunes screen.

The connect to iTunes screen shows an iTunes icon and the charging cable.

When it is in Recovery Mode, connect it to iTunes.

iTunes asks if you would like to Restore it, click Restore.

Your iPhone will be restored and will be enabled.

It might download an update while doing this. Check in the top right in iTunes to see the download status, it might add some time to the process.

Let me know if you have any questions.