Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Pear, thanks for asking. I've written a list of significant…

Customer Question
Hi Pear, thanks for...

Hi Pear, thanks for asking. I've written a list of significant and urgent problems that I have had since upgrading to high sierra 10.13. I have cut and paste them and there are quite a few. so thanks for taking the time to read them. Because my fan was running in overdrive on my macbook pro despite very minimal usage (such as watching a purchased and downloaded movie a movie playing). I called tech support. They had me download and install high sierra 10.13. Doing so has generally fixed the problem, except when running chrome, the same fan overdrive occurs.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?

High sierra 10.13

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

Since as soon as I upgraded

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried uninstall/reinstall of programs

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Justin Johnson, Mac Genius replied 4 months ago
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson, Mac Genius

Hi! I am Justin. Let me take a chance to look over your question. If you have any additional details please type it in and hit the reply to expert button.

Where would you like to start?

Hi. I was advised by an apple tech staff member to upgrade to high sierra 10.13 operating system to stop my pc fans from going into overdrive despite having few programs open. But here are the problems it has created. Please keep in my mind i have uninstalled/reinstalled the programs I mention and used the shut down/turn on method. here are the problems The overdrive problem is more or less fixed expect when using chrome
My macbook pro does not recognize when it is is connected by hdmi to my screen monitor
Ableton live and logic express have stopped working despite reinstall process
Please also read the initial message. Thanks
I have a question. What is the minimum amount of payment this will take to repair?

Well this isn't a repair service. It is JustAnswer.com Do you know this?

55 dollars on top of what 47US I have already commtted?

This is JustAnswer.com Do you know this?

There has been something wrong with our connection. I would just like to know. Will the overall price be a minimum of what I have already committed to paying, plus the extra 55 dollars? And if I'm not 100% satisfied with your advice, I can cancel my subscription and rightfully ask for my money back? That is, assuming your advice is unsatisfactory.
If so, I will have to think about this offer
Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 3 months ago
Jeffrey B

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Did you still need assistance with your issue?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 3 months ago

Do you still need assistance regarding this problem?

Waiting for your reply,

Kind regards,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,I actually haven't received any advice whatsoever so I am indeed in need of help with alll of the problems I have listed.
Hoping you can help.
Cheers
Alon
Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 3 months ago

Hello Alon,

Are your Fans always this hard? Or only when you have multiple programs open?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

The fans have are working much better and quieter, except when streaming video content like a doco from a provider like curiosity.com
Mac Support Specialist: Jeffrey B,
 replied 3 months ago

Understood.

When you open the activity monitor when playing a video.

Do you see which software is using your cpu the most?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

No, but generally I can have multiple programs open without any overdrive issues. It's just some specific video streaming websites.
I am actually far more interested in rectifying the issues with my music writing programs, as well as connecting to my screen monitor using the hdmi cord. The screen recognises the computer but not vice versa
Hi. I was advised by an apple tech staff member to upgrade to high sierra 10.13 operating system to stop my pc fans from going into overdrive despite having few programs open. But here are the problems it has created. Please keep in my mind i have uninstalled/reinstalled the programs I mention and used the shut down/turn on method.
Here are the problems.
The overdrive problem is more or less fixed expect when streaming video off the odd site on my chrome browser.
I am an instrumentalist and composer and require relative immediacy on my new experts help.
Thanks
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B
Jeffrey B