Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone just updated, and now wants a passcode which I

Customer Question
My phone just updated...

My phone just updated, and now wants a passcode which I don't remember and it may be in my phone which I am now locked out of. Can you please help me correct this situation?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Don't remember, it's been a while. I really don't use it. This has not happened to me before

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No. how do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you. What do I need to do this?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Is it asking you for an AppleID password, or is it the Passcode to unlock your phone?

passcode

Was there a passcode on your lockscreen before updating?

do not wish to pay $39 to securely connect. Just want to get this resolved. I'm locked out of my phone

Please ignore that message as it is automated by the website.

probably not. Like I said I never used a passcode

Whenever iPhones/iPads update, they go through the "Setup" screen again. Here if you do not have a passcode, it will ask you to create one. Are you certain it is not asking you to make a new one? If it is, we can skip it and you can use your phone without one as you did before

no it's not asking me to create a new passcode, just says Enter Passcode
also saying passcode is required to enable touch ID which I also don't use

Is the background grey or white?

looks like black

Is there blue text in the center of the screen that you can tap on?

no

That being the case, we will need to factory reset your phone to remove the passcode

how do I do that?

Do you have a PC or Mac available?

can you do that remotely? I have a PC

I sure can

Great, what do you need?

Go ahead and send the remote request and we can begin

how do I send remote request?

You should see an option on your screen, like the one you denied earlier. It should be under the text box