Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPhone got dropped into the washing machine for about 20…

Customer Question
My iPhone got dropped...

My iPhone got dropped into the washing machine for about 20 minutes. Now what?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

How would I know that?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I just rescued it from the washing machine.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I dropped my phone in the washing machine for about 20 minutes.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/21/2017
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 8 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

OK. What do you need to know?

Since iPhones are not covered under any warranty for water damage, the only thing you can really try is submerging the iPhone in white rice for 24-48 hours.

During that period please do not take the phone out or try to use it. (Make sure it is powered off) Once the time has elapsed, turn the iPhone on and see if it is any better.

How do I make sure it is powered off? The screen is black and it does not respond to anything.
Are you still there? Are you a real person?

Yes, I am a human.

If you can't see the phone then hold down the power button for 20 seconds.

I have held it down for some period of time, not necessarily 20 seconds. Should I do that more than once?

No, it is fine to place in the rice now.

Ii've got to go. How do I get my $5 refunded?

This is a paid service; not a free service.

Thanks

You're welcome